1. If you could choose one song that expresses who you are, what is it and why? (250 word maximum)
This is not about your favorite song. Think about what matters to you and what values make up who you are. Now, choose the song that expresses who you are.
2. Please respond to one of the following prompts: (250 words maximum)
- Describe an experience that has fundamentally changed the way you see the world and how it transformed you.
- Describe a significant accomplishment and why it makes you proud.
- Describe a difficult decision you have made and why it was challenging.
Prompt 1: Identify an incident or a result that had an impact on you. It forced you to question established notions, transformed you, made you a better person, or developed a new side to you. Show how it impacted you and how the learning continues to influence you.
Prompt 2: Either your actions made you proud, or the results or the cause behind the experience. Your choice of experience will reveal what's important to you and why. Pick the experience that makes you proud more than any other. Show why. Talk about the challenges you faced, the steps you took to overcome them, and the learning you obtained.
Prompt 3: You had to decide between two or more options, each with its own positives and negatives. How did you weigh the options and choose one, how did you address the associated disadvantages of your choice?
3. Tell us about your path to business school and your future plans. How will the Berkeley-Haas experience help you along this journey? (500 words maximum)
What is your ideal first job after graduating? How have your experiences so far led you to this goal? To excel in the future role, what do you want to learn and experience at business school? How will specific aspects of Haas MBA help you obtain the learning?
Optional: Is there any other information you would like to share that is not presented elsewhere in the application? You may also use this essay to provide further explanation of employment gaps or your quantitative abilities. (500 words maximum)
Address any weaknesses here: low grades, GMAT score, employment gaps, anything that you think raises a red flag in your profile.